Saturday, October 4, 2008

In the Beginning


I'm going to give this blogging thing yet ANOTHER try! I named this blog "MaiConAgape" because Agape Italia is the name of the ministry over here and I go by Mai (my middle name) over here because it is easier to say and hear in Italian! I recently returned to Salerno, Italy after spending the summer in America with my parents (June 20th- September 14th). I finished a class online that I needed to finally graduate from Mississippi State University. I traveled to Mississippi and Tennessee to see friends and talk to people about aiding the university ministry in Salerno. As much as I do love living here in Italy, I must say that America made me smile and feel at ease this summer! I thought I finished school last summer (2007), so I decided to be used to speak about Jesus to Italian students. Earlier in life, I know that I had a realization that I want to experience God in my life. I want to be useful in conveying the Love of God to the people in my life. I studied psychology MSU. I am looking into using my interest in people to pursue a professional career in counseling or social services. However, I'm learning at each turn that God was so right when He said that His thoughts are higher than my own! As I look back on the things in my life that have propelled me towards today, I cannot skip by saying that God has been mighty active in my life's story. So here I am today: trying to Love God and love people in Salerno, Italy as an international intern with Campus Crusade for Christ. These blogs may be silly or serious depending on life....get ready!
much love to the lovely, Lacey Mai


1 comment:

Kat said...

yay for your blog!